Sunday, January 16, 2011

Can A Baby Sleep In A Laundry Basket

In Genoa, Carlo Giuliani (2007)

I tried to imagine, for a day, What may have Julian tried, father of Carlo Giuliani during the event held in memory of his son. It is not easy but ... because I have a son. This, however, I helped a buddy of experience: Jacopo. When, last Monday, I talked to one of my classes that I went to Genoa, a student of mine - James, in fact - did not hesitate to tell me that he would come. This participation was supported by his parents - also rightly concerned about how it was mine, until the end of the day - and it helped me to think. What they felt yesterday, Haida and Giuliano Giuliani? I do not have a son but, with James close, I felt his father for a day: the same can not say who saw her son died, upon which raged before, during and after the brief agony in many.
Thanks to Charles, a boy who loved to fight for justice, for his friends, his girlfriend, for his high school classmates, for church groups who attended, we are united in thirty thousand (or so) and we still want to hope for a day before the sun and the moonlight, exposed to cold wind of Genoa a colorful, almost as dear to us in Paul Jewell. All we ask you to shed light on the events that led Giuliano and Haidi to lose a son. We want transparency and authenticity in this! We are tired of funding, leading only to be the powerful quiet and do not provide any good to those who suffer unjustly. From July 21, 2001 I never stopped thinking about Charles and his family. For my students, when appropriate, always remember this history, this harsh reality. A Haida and the family of Carlo Giuliano and we are all neighbors. James, nearly one for one day my son is lucky to have wonderful parents like those of Charles, who left him free to participate in this day, sharing fully in the decision. And the parents of James are lucky, like mine, in order to have a child to love. The same can not be said for six years and Haidi Giuliano, Carlo still love living for him. And we are and we will always be with them.
Dario Coppola

0 comments:

Post a Comment